Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mr. Lucky Man

I haven't posted anything for a long time. Sorry - have just been too busy with work, church calling and family committments.

I picked up a new CD today - Chris Isaak - Mr. Lucky Man. So far I quite enjoy the CD. The remake of "Breaking Apart" features a duet with Trisha Yearwood. The entire CD seems to have a feeling of the "Forever Blue" CD.

As you may know, Chris Isaak is a favorite around our house. So much so, that Wendy promised him after a concert that we would name our first son after him. Long story, but we ended up using the same spelling for our son.

Another more recent favorite at our house is Maroon 5. The kids like both and have requested them at times while in the car and at home.

I found this little gem today that combines both:






And for the record, I will try to post more about our family and kids - just in case people actually check back here every once in a while to see what we are up to.

2 comments:

neffgang said...

Toad,

Talk to me about Mr Lucky. How good is it and would you recommend it highly, mildly or not at all?

For some reason, I've never been able to get heavily into a CI album other than "Bajo Sessions." But that one we really love and it gets played at home all the time. In fact it's great to hear in the background when friends come over and we are making tacos con pescado and drinking sangria (the soda version.)

Hey, that sounds like a fun night. We should have you guys over!

- BN

Todd said...

Of course we are big Chris Isaak fans at our house, but I do believe that "Mr. Lucky" is his best CD since "Baja Sessions" and has the same feel as "Forever Blue"

I would give it a solid recommendation.

However, my favoite CD is still "San Francisco Days"