Wednesday, July 25, 2007

So, I guess I am jumping on the Blog bandwagon.



I have been reading blogs for a couple of years and there are several that I read all the time. Unfortunately, some of them have stopped blogging or have gone on hiatus. Either way, they are no longer posting. Hopefully I will stick around for a while - even while I may be the only one reading this.



Anyway, I just started responding to a few comments that others have made (mostly my siblings that have blogs) and then I got tagged. I am not sure if I would have rather been tagged by Brian on a Sunday afternoon at mom's while standing around waiting for dinner or get tagged online. The former probably is more immediate pain, so I will stick with the online tag:



In much the same way that the Neff Gang changed up the questions, I will change some of them...



Places lived:
Salt Lake City, Utah
Sevilla, Cadiz and Malaga Spain (for a couple of years)
North Salt Lake, Utah
(I know - not much of a variety except the mish)


3 places where I would like to be right now:
beach in El Palo, Spain - with a bonfire and eating roasted fish
On the top of Monte Cristo - several thousand feet about Snowbird
Wandering through Disneyland with my kids



3 guilty pleasures:
cheeseburgers - any kind, anywhere
Vanilla coke
Sunday afternoon naps


A few of Jobs I have worked:
DJ for a little radio station at the U of U
bicycle bag inspector
selling gumball machines on the phone


Places I would like to see sometime in my life:
South America (Tierra del Fuego & the Andes mountains)
Jerusalem
Tahiti (funny how my wife has been to two of these before we met)

Wild foods that I have eaten:
Tripe
Octopus
blood sausage

Most memorable trips:
1. Oahu 1993 with friends, snorkeling gear and a convertible
2. Cross country bus trip for 3 weeks in 1987
3. Spain in 1992 with parents (watching mom & dad get detained for two hours on the Gibraltar - Spain border was priceless)
4. Chicago 1998 - wandering around seeing the architecture and eating deep-dish pizza


Food I love to make:
Grilled tri-tip
Mexican tortas
Risotto
Spanish tortillas


Food I wish I could make (or will learn someday):
Beef wellington
Ratatouille (looks like a fun dish to make)
Creme Brule (anytime you get to use a mini-flame thrower to cook has to be a good thing)


TV shows that I like - but don't admit to liking:
Hell's Kitchen ("That is horrible - Shut it down")
What about Brian? (probably not going to be a 3rd season)
How I met your Mother


Worst movies I have seen in a theater:
Pet Cemetery
Titanic
City of Angels (sorry Wendy)


Dream jobs:
Question (or is it answer) writer for Jeopardy
Own/run a lunch counter in downtown SLC
Historical Fiction writer


Places where I would love to live but never will:
Marbella, Spain (would love to be Sean Connery's neighbor)
Zihuatanejo, Mexico (Are Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman still running a deep-sea fishing company?)
Palermo, Italy (or just about anywhere else in Sicily)


Movies I love - but you may not have seen:
Cinema Paradiso
El Mariachi (Desperado before Antonio Banderas)
Reservoir Dogs (hopefully you haven't seen this one!)


People that should do this:
Julie Knaphus
my mom and dad (wanna help them, Dee Dee)
Jim Neff

3 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I forgot that you were a dj at the U of U.
I agree with you on the cheeseburgers! They are my favorite, some are better than others but you cant go wrong with a cheese burger.

Julie said...

I had no idea you felt that way about a cheeseburger. I completely agree! I'll have to think about the tag. I like to read blogs, but I don't really want to have one.

neffgang said...

If Julie doesn't do a tag, we should out her for all of the horrible things she did in high school.