Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So Cal trip - Day 4

(Is this trip report getting old yet?)


Ok, so back to the fun.




The plan was for us to sleep in a little on Monday morning since we spent a long day at Disneyland the day before. Tillie slept over with my sister Laurie at the Fairfield and they planned to go to Disneyland early and meet us around 11:00. Only one problem with that plan - we forgot to leave Tillie's park hopper pass with them.

So, on Monday morning we got up early with Isaak and Jonah and headed off to Disneyland. It was a bit rainy outside, but I assured Wendy that it was just the marine layer and it would be warmer inland. Oops. I was wrong.


We met Tillie and Laurie in the Fairfield parking lot and headed over to the parks. The other families were taking the day off from the parks and my parents would meet us later.


I have to admit that I like rainy days at Disneyland, especially if it is just a light rain as it keeps the crowds small. Lucky for us, it only rained for a couple of hours (off and on) while we went to the rides in Fantasyland (Peter Pan, Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Dumbo, Snow White) before going over to the Matterhorn. Isaak got freaked out a couple of years ago by the Matterhorn, more specifically the Abominable Snowman and his red eyes, so he was a little worried. He loved it and the worries were gone. In fact, he kept asking to go back to the Matterhorn during the trip.


We met up with my parents right before lunch and ended up eating at the New Orleans Cafe. Of course the kids didn't want that so I walked way over to the Stage door Cafe to get Chicken strips for Isaak and Tillie.


After lunch, the kids rode the train around to the Fantasyland station with Grandma and Grandpa while Wendy and I walked over to meet them with the stroller since Jonah was ready to sleep for a while. We went to Toontown for a bit while my parents took a break and sat with Jonah while he slept in the stroller. While in Toontown, we went on Gadget's go-coaster and saw Minnie Mouse, but not Mickey (before the trip we let the kids know that we wouldn't be going after autographs on this trip since they already had full books of autographs and photos).





The kids love the gags and noises in Toontown so we spent a few minutes playing there and taking pictures of the kids.


We met back up with my parents and Jonah and started over towards the Matterhorn. Right by the Matterhorn, The Madhatter and Alice were entertaining a crowd with a game of charades. We also noticed that Captain Hook and Wendy were nearby as well. Tillie jumped in a photo, but Isaak was afraid of the Captain.

We went over to watch the Jedi Training. We were a few minutes early, so the kids got great seats and hoped they would be picked. As luck would have it, Tillie and Isaak were both picked. It was a the highlight of their day. And of course, we had to go over and buy them a new lightsaber (that they each got to make).



I think we stayed until about 6:00 or 6:30, went by In-N-Out for dinner and headed back to the Coast for the night.

6 comments:

mary said...

I love Isaaks face in the jail picture!

becky & ryan said...

Here is my useless comment and question. I was updating my music library on itunes last night and I happened upon a few "Obvious" songs. This brings me to my question. Do you still own "No Toes", Specifically I am looking their version of "follow the prophet"?

Julie said...

I love the picture with minnie mouse! And of course Isaak's face busting out of jail!

Will it take you until your next trip to finish up posting about this one? Oh wait, I believe you're already off on your next adventure.

Amanda the Couch said...

todd i love your trip report. the neff's sure no how to do disneyland right. I'm so glad Dee Dee taught me how to make the most of your DL trip. We're going in October with my then 13 month old. i hope i don't regret it.

Todd said...

Skip -
Is that the famous Ryan "Skip"? I am guessing so since you mentioned "The Obvious". Which, by the way, I do have the "No Toes" album. send me an email - toddsneff@yahoo.com

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Todd why didn't you do the Jedi training or was Isaak's birthday a one time thing?