Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hi, my name is Todd. I am the Soccer Coach


Both of my kids are playing soccer this year. Tillie is now 7 and is in her 4th season. She has been a good player but last year her experience wasn't the best, so this year, I am coaching her team.


We lost last night, 4-0.


Of the 8 girls on the team, only 3 have played before. All 8 want to play goalie. Only a couple of them should play goalie.


A couple of things that were funny last night (I have to keep laughing or else I would go crazy):


One girl came into the game with a mouth full of Oreo cookies and a bunch of chocolate wiped across her bright yellow jersey.


The same girl asked me how many more games we have left (this was in our second game)


Our goalie (for half of the 3rd quarter) got her pig tails caught in the net and had to be untangled by her mom.


Our 3'6" girl took out an amazon 7 year old that was at least 5 feet tall on an unintentional slide tackle.


"Hey coach, I found a stick on the field" "Great, let's put the stick down and play soccer!"


I heard one of our girls telling a girl on the other team, "let's talk after she kicks this ball." That was right in the middle of the game.


"I lost a tooth" "really? just now during the game" I asked. "no. it was a long time ago in the summer"


I don't even want to start in on the things I saw and heard during 4 year old Isaak's game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh! The pigtails in the net was my favorite. How about telling just a few from Isaak's game...please!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

yeah I want to hear about pine cones game.

Todd said...

Maybe I will save Isaak's game time antics for the next post...

Anonymous said...

Too funny! It brings back a few memories from my kids early soccer days. After seeing another girl with them,Kelli just wanted bows that matched her uniform.