Tuesday, October 9, 2007

long weekend... a lot happening...

The long weekend is over. Didn't everyone have a long weekend? I guess that is what happens when you have Friday's off and get Monday off for Columbus Day.


Highlights of the long weekend:

Dinner at Bonsai Japanese Steakhouse. We don't usually get out too much for dinner unless they have kids meals, so it was nice to enjoy a dinner with some old friends (with just Jonah in tow). The food was pretty good and our chef was fun and of course I caught both shrimp that he flipped my way. Fried scallops and steak - mmmm good.

Watching Utah get a big win at Louiville - ok, ok, I know. I committed to no posting of Utah football, but this one was unexpected. Luckily Bonsai had a nice big flat screen that I could see the game while eating.
General Conference Without getting too churchy, it was a very good conference weekend with lots of good talks. I loved President Eyrings talk at the Priesthood session.
Sleeping in - No meetings at 7:00 A.M. on Sunday means that I get to sleep in. Enough said.
Discovery Gateway for FHE - We have an annual pass but haven't used it a lot. Wendy and the kids have, but I haven't. We went last night and had a great time and spent a whopping $0.00 for the excursion as we packed sandwiches and ate them on the patio by the helicoptor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you actually take the picture at Bonsai? If so, you are really into this blogging thing! We like Bonsai!

Todd said...

sorry - I borrowed the photo from the Salt Lake Tribune