Monday, October 22, 2007

new music -

I know, I know... 2nd post of the day...

I have really been digging Brian's suggestion a few weeks back to log on to Pandora.com to get a taste of new music. Here are a couple of musicians that I have enjoyed lately:



Sara Bareilles

I heard her last week on 101.9 the end. She was live in studio and they played a few songs. As one reviewer put it, she stands out from the plethora of similar artists. (see side bar for cover art)


Lily Allen


I first heard her on another blog. You know the type of blog I am talking about, when you click on a link and music starts playing. Usually it is annoying, especially when you are working in a cubicle city... Her music is edgy, kind of link Gwen Stefani meets English Beat with a cockny accent. Some of the lyrics are a bit crass, but the radio versions work for the sensative ears. (You can check out her single, LDN, on the right)





Maroon 5 - "It won't be soon before long"



They didn't have the "Sophomore slump" with this CD. very good stuff.





Me First & the Gimme Gimmes
They play punk versions of lots of songs including some 60's tunes and country songs. The latest with country songs is great.

1 comment:

neffgang said...

Hey, Tiny World Todd.

Why haven't we chatted in a while? Come on, let's do some ob-lowing. I'll bring the or-chatt-a.

-B