Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Welcome, one and all, to the Greatest Show on Earth...

Last week we found out that Tillie had won 3rd place in the Davis Clipper coloring contest. Her prize: two tickets to the circus. So we bought two more and went last Saturday morning to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus.

I haven't been to the circus for at least 20 years and my kids have never been. Rather than describing all of the sights, sounds and smells (the tigers are smelly), I will post a few photos:



















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The acrobats??? What are they doing???

Even though we just saw you, I can't believe how big the kids look in the pics!

Todd said...

Sorry I didn't leave comments on the photos... The Chinese Acrobats were all women and they made a human tower. They would lay down on their stomach and bend back over with their feet next to their heads. Then they had others do the same on top of each level.

Anonymous said...

Todd, if I recall correctly, I think you were once a ringmaster ...

"Welcome Welcome one and all to William Penn's Greatest Show on Earth".

No wonder you love the circus!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Why didnt you show a the picture that won the tickets?

Todd said...

Dee Dee - I will take a picture of the coloring that Tillie did and post it.

Miss Maclaine said...

Todd,
I went to the circus last week too! It was awesome - it was weird though, I thought my favorite would be the tigers but I actually felt kind of sad for them.

I think my favorite act was the trapeze artists!