Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tortilla Chips



Is there any thing as good as crunching on a great corn tortilla chip? Add some salsa (see post below) and you have a thing of beauty.


Last week, I stumbled upon some great store brand tortilla chips. They are made locally and even better - they are cheap!


Sorry Brian - they aren't the overly priced Have A Corn Chips
My new favorite tortilla chips from the store are DON JULIO



We stumbled upon these on accident. Last week my wife was at Winegar's instead of our usual visit to Albertson's and saw they were cheap so she bought them.
Last night I ate about 1/3 bag without dipping a single chip in salsa
They are thin and almost light in texture and taste the way a good, fresh tortilla chip should taste, unlike Tostitos or other brands that could double as tree bark.
Anyone else out there have a favorite tortilla chip?

8 comments:

mary said...

We always buy that brand of chips, they are so cheap and taste great!

Anonymous said...

Winegar's is the place to shop in NSL. It's famous for having good treats, if you need a snack, it's the place to go.

Have you tried Rico 's Market chips...they're my favorite right now.

h.justin said...

I love the Have A Corn Chip when I'm in Laguna (especially at the beach), but they don't taste as good in Utah. The Don Julio really are good (and cheap) here in town.

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats chips and salsa from chili's. There chips are so greasy they are see through.

Todd said...

I have to admit, I do like the chips from Chili's.

Chiptole has some great chips - they have lime salt on them.

Mindy Williams said...

Um, c'mon Todd, Haven't you seen my Dad buy the blue version of the Don Julio chips before? They are the only ones he buys that are blue, I swear!

neffgang said...

there's nothing like a bag of have a chips and good guacamole. And HJustin is right, they do taste better about 700 miles south west of here.

Lori said...

Todd, you are freaking me out with your love of chips and salsa. I think you might really be from south of the border. Adios.