Friday, March 21, 2008

purchased today...



Everyone loves a good board game. We have been playing Settlers of Catan every once in a while with Wendy's family, but I didn't have my own copy of the game. (ok, that isn't entirely true - I received an LDS version of the game - Settlers of Zarahemla - about 5 yrs ago, but didn't even open the game for about a year)

Anyway, the makers of the game came out with a new edition so I thought I would jump in and buy myself a game and the expansion so 5-6 players can play. I found a website a while back that sold them for a good price, so I thought I would order the games. I then realized they were in Clearfield so why not take a small road trip 20 miles north to buy the games and save on shipping.

So today I loaded the three kids in my in-laws Yukon along with my brother-in-law, Jeff, and his two kids. Four happy meals, two large cokes, two double cheese-burgers and 20 miles later, we were at the Freeport center trying to find the warehouse/office where these guys sell their stuff.

It was kind of a strange experience, especially when the owner asked us when we walked in the door what the place smelled like. What kind of question is that? Um, like a warehouse? "oh, good" he answered, "it doesn't smell like puke? Because a kid puked here yesterday!"

No "welcome" "good afternoon" "can I help you" or even, "take a look around and let me know if you have any questions". Just the puke talk.

At least the deals on his games were pretty dang good, so I will give him some props to the 10 people that read my blog on occasion.

Shop SP Hiatt

They had about every game you could imagine - Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Blokus, etc - as well as every type of expansion. And for Star Wars geeks, they had all kinds of stuff like Storm trooper helmets, Darth Vadar costumes and even an 3 foot tall Yoda for $700. Or if none of that floats your boat, they had Anime (japanese cartoons) and Japanese snacks.

It was a good way to spend the afternoon and the kids got a kick out of all the Star Wars stuff. It was Good Friday afterall

4 comments:

JimmyG said...

In the Yukon, how many miles per gallon do you get? With gas at $3.22 a gallon you might consider shipping. Just a thought.

Todd said...

Jimmy G - cost of gas vs cost of shipping was about even for my order, but since my brother-in-law was driving, gas was free for me... just don't tell any conservationists that I considered it FREE gas

Mindy Williams said...

I guess the tires aren't an issue when it is FREE gas for everyone on John and Linda? Ha Ha. I would have driven their car too....Can't wait to be in town and play some games. We like the new craze of Phase 10!

Anonymous said...

todd you need to check out tigris and euphrades(I spell like a 2nd grader) and curses. The first is alot like the game you bought and the second is a fun laugh out loud type. john