Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Here we go again...


I just noticed on KSL.com that they have announced the lineup for this year's Stadium of Fire in Provo.


Disclaimer: I have never been to the Stadium of Fire, nor do I care to go


Headlining is Miley Cyrus, mega teenage star of Hannah Montana. (Cue: all girls from 6 to 18 can start screaming now) The Blue Man Group (or one of several Blue Man Group acts) is performing and Glenn Beck hosts the show.


Tickets go on sale Friday at 5:00 and will be sold out by Friday at 5:23. Tickets range from $35 - $120.


OUCH!


But that isn't as big of an ouch as some will be paying from scalpers on this one.


I can hardly wait for all of the moms to start complaining that they had to pay $293 per ticket so their 6 year old daughter could go see Hannah again. Shame on all the people that want to make money. Shame, shame shame. (Should that include BYU and the Stadium of Fire organizers too?)


That said, do you think my 8 yr old would like me to buy her a couple of tickets for the July 4th show? I could always take it out of her college fund...

3 comments:

mary said...

I'm so over her! I hope Sydney is too!

Mindy Williams said...

So you know, Anna is barely 3 and has been tuned in to Hannah for a good six months, so you may have to cue in the girls to start screaming from a much younger age! And let's remember that the U of U show was always much better than BYU's. We went in person one year, but much better from the roof of 2033 with all the cars blasting the matching music. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Dad, I really think you should go. It would be a great way to celebrate our independence and the American way! Fireworks! Great Music! You would have the best of both worlds and possible hero worship from me. I don't think it would cost more then taking your son to a U of U game in Vegas!