Thursday, August 2, 2007

I want a new car...




This is my current car - well, ok, it is the same model and color, but not my car.



It has been a decent car for almost 90,000 miles and 12 years. We have our 10 year anniversary in September so that means this was Wendy's car before we were married.



The car was quite nice when it was new. Leather seats. Sun roof. V6 engine. Nice wheels. Good stereo. But it has had a few problems. Since the car is a V6 engine, it is probably too much car for the suspension, etc. So we have replaced the CV joints and have had a few other small problems. At least it has been paid off for several years.



But I want a new car. I know, drive the car that is paid off and stay away from a payment, but I want a new car and Wendy knows I want a new car.



I have tried the subtle approach. I have strategically placed ads for the car I want in her magazines the way Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" hints at a Red Rider BB gun. I have pointed out the car that I want while driving saying things like "wow, that car looks nice. Do you like that car, Wendy?" or "what color would you get if you were to buy that car?"

I start talking to other people while in Wendy's presence about crossover SUVs and which one would they get if they were buying a new one and pointing out the one I like.



I think I may need to be more straight forward.


by the way, this is what I would like to buy:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.