Wednesday, August 1, 2007

On my desktop



This is the photo that has been on my computer desktop for the past 5 weeks or so. It replaced a photo that we took in the same spot in February 2006.


I love how Isaak was straining in the 2006 photo to pull the sword from the stone and I have had a lot of people comment on the photo.

So when Isaak and I took a quick trip to SoCal and ended up at Disneyland for the day, I thought I would take a picture of him at the same spot. But then I thought I wanted to get the castle in the background instead of King Arthur's Carousel... yada yada yada and we ended up with the photo above. No straining to pull the sword out this time, but a good photo of Isaak.

So a couple of days ago I was showing Isaak the photos I took on our quick trip and He asked me which castle was in the photo. I told him that it was the Disneyland Castle. (I mean, duh, the kid has spent a lot of time in Disneyland, he should know where it is) Then he said he knew it was Disneyland, but WHICH castle at Disneyland.

Ok, now I was really confused. Then I realized what he was talking about.

There is the castle that you can see from Fantasyland (like in the photo) and the castle that you can see from Main Street with the water in the front. (He didn't realize that it is the same castle, just different sides of the castle)
I guess that means we need to walk through the castle more often next time we go to Disneyland.

2 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

He seems to like disneyland better than the beach. I remember him saying "I hate this place" and John telling him "maybe this place hates you"

neffgang said...

Dude. We love pictures of our kids and us trying to pull the sword out of the stone. I think we've got twenty some odd years of them.

Hopefully, we'll have twenty more.

Hasta.